Coming into our church building these past few days has been somewhat surreal and sad, particularly on Sunday morning. We just completed our building and it sits empty. And we are not alone. Many are feeling the emptiness and grieving the losses caused during the shutdown of so much in our lives.
But remember and be encouraged by this truth, the church isn’t a building! It isn’t our refuge, our shelter or our hope. While we have closed our doors, the Lord is still our dwelling place. We, all who call upon the name of the Lord, are His church. Nothing can separate us from His love, or from each other.
Below you will find an outline of a comprehensive ministry plan we are putting into place in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Our intention is to provide the means and resources for each of us to experience and express God’s sovereign care and control by maintaining a different but very real connection to Christ and His Church.
- Livestream Worship Service every Sunday at 10am!
- Midweek Livestream Prayer Service found on our Facebook page or here on our website.
- Immediate access to assistance for those inside and outside church. A Care Needed form is located below.
- For those who wish to respond to the care needs of our church and community, please complete the Response Team form is located below.
- We recognize that many are already suffering financially due to this trial. With sensitivity to those urgent dynamics around us, your financial support of Covenant Church is something we continue to rely upon as the Lord enables you to enable us. Here is a link to online giving option you can use if you aren’t already. You can also set up an automatic payment from your bank account or mail your contributions to the church. Watch for periodic financial updates in the weekly. If you need assistance, please contact the church office.
- We will still be sending out our weekly blog and will include in these emails updates, resources and curriculum for all ages to use as we head into each weekend.
- Watch for Social media updates and words of encouragement. Follow us on Instagram or Facebook.
- Community Groups will be meeting online and leaders will be resourced and equipped to continue to shepherd their groups and facilitate the study and application of God’s Word. If you’re not in a group but interested in joining or leading a new ‘virtual’ group, please contact the church.
- Student Ministries will also be meeting online every Sunday night – all together and in small groups. Students will have access to daily devotional and leaders will be checking in with students throughout the week.
- Children Ministries will provide Sunday School lesson plans and worksheets for every family along with sermon worksheet each week. There will also be a mid-week video message and activities provided every Wednesday.
- Parents you will receive periodic resources to encourage and help you as you navigate the present reality your children at home 24/7! We want to help you make the most of the time and not lose your minds!
But here’s the most important piece of the plan, YOU! You are the body of Christ. You are the church. Please join with staff, small group leaders, elders, deacons and other church leaders, in reaching out and finding safe and appropriate ways to care for each other and our community. Make the most of the time because while the challenges are great, the opportunities for the Gospel are always greater!
In Christ Alone,